Should You Try Acupuncture in North Sydney, Cremorne, Mosman, or Wollstonecraft?
These days, many people are turning away from unnecessary drugs and searching for more holistic approaches to pain and other problems. Individuals are learning about older methods of pain relief, and increasingly seeking treatments such as acupuncture in Wollstonecraft, Mosman, Cremorne, and North Sydney. The health benefits of acupuncture are numerous and include pain relief (from chronic and acute pain) as well as help for anxiety, depression, insomnia, and more. This treatment, which involves penetrating the skin at specific points on the body with small needles, stimulates the body’s nerve endings and relieves a variety of painful and problematic conditions.
Health Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is one of the oldest known medicinal practices still used today. Researchers continue to explore dozens of potential health benefits. Some known conditions acupuncture is known to improve include:
- Chronic pain. Chronic pain is perhaps the most common reason people seek acupuncture in Mosman, Wollstonecraft, Cremorne, and North Sydney. Acupuncture has been shown to help with various types of pain, such as back pain caused by injury, sleep problems, pregnancy, or other sources.
- Arthritis. Acupuncture can help alleviate pain caused by arthritis, a debilitating disease of the joints that affects millions of people all over the world.
- Headaches. Migraines, neck pain, and other types of headaches can be positively affected by acupuncture. Acupuncture also typically causes fewer side effects than strong migraine medicines.
- Nausea. Acupuncture may improve nausea and vomiting in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Anxiety. Those suffering from generalised anxiety disorder and other types of anxiety may find relief through acupuncture.
- Insomnia. Acupuncture may be able to improve sleep in those who would prefer to seek holistic treatments than experience the side effects of pharmaceutical sleep aids.
Where to Get Acupuncture in Cremorne, Mosman, Wollstonecraft, North Sydney
Acupuncture is an effective treatment that can help with back pain, headaches, and more. For 16 years, The Summit Physiotherapy in North Sydney has been providing acupuncture as well as sports physiotherapy, massage therapy, ergonomics, pregnancy therapy, exercise prescription, cranio sacral therapy, and more. We offer one-on-one consultations with each client to assess the existing issues and determine a safe and effective treatment plan. Everything we do is evidence-based and we create custom-designed, personalised programs for each client to ensure the best possible results.
Each practitioner at The Summit has at least 20 years’ experience in physiotherapy and is skilled in hands-on manual therapy as well as exercise prescription therapy. Our clients benefit from our experience as well as our convenient location easily accessible from North Sydney Train Station and buses. Our therapists stay up-to-date on the latest techniques and research, and we integrate many techniques into our treatment options to get you feeling better, moving more easily, and even performing better on the field. We are knowledgeable about work injury and sports injury and we place a strong emphasis on client education. Our repeat clients and excellent recommendations show our work ethic and competence. To get started feeling better today, contact us to schedule a consultation.